Thursday, March 6, 2014

We have come from God



“We have come from God, and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of the true light, the eternal truth that is with God. Indeed only by myth-making, only by becoming 'sub-creator' and inventing stories, can Man aspire to the state of perfection that he knew before the Fall. Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil.” 
― J.R.R. Tolkien 

“Sometimes I lie awake at night and I ask, "Is life a multiple choice test or is it a true or false test?" ...Then a voice comes to me out of the dark and says, "We hate to tell you this but life is a thousand word essay.”
 ― Charles M. Schulz

“An intellectual? Yes. And never deny it. An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself. I like this, because I am happy to be both halves, the watcher and the watched. "Can they be brought together?" This is a practical question. We must get down to it. "I despise intelligence" really means: "I cannot bear my doubts.” ― Albert Camus 

“Whether you live to be 50 or 100 makes no difference, if you made no difference in the world.” 
― Jarod Kintz, Great Listener Series Mute Women 

“Time is a game played beautifully by children.” 
― Heraclitus, Fragments 

“I started my life with a single absolute: that the world was mine to shape in the image of my highest values and never to be given up to a lesser standard, no matter how long or hard the struggle.” 
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged 

“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” 
― Gabriel Garcí​a Márquez 

“Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them” 
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry 

0 comments:

Post a Comment