Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Death


“I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.” 
― Terry Pratchett, Sourcery 

“I think I fell in love with her, a little bit. Isn't that dumb? But it was like I knew her. Like she was my oldest, dearest friend. The kind of person you can tell anything to, no matter how bad, and they'll still love you, because they know you. I wanted to go with her. I wanted her to notice me. And then she stopped walking. Under the moon, she stopped. And looked at us. She looked at me. Maybe she was trying to tell me something; I don't know. She probably didn't even know I was there. But I'll always love her. All my life.” ― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 8: Worlds' End 


“People living deeply have no fear of death.” 
― Anaïs Nin 

“And what would humans be without love?" RARE, said Death.” 
― Terry Pratchett, Sourcery 

“It's better to burn out than to fade away.” 
― Neil Young 

“I'm gonna kill him," Eve said, or at least that was what it sounded like filtered through the pillow. Stake him right in the heart, shove garlic up his ass, and-and-"
And what?" (Michael)
When did you get home?" Claire demanded.
Apparently just in time to hear my funeral plans. I especially like the garlic up the ass. It's...different.”
 ― Rachel Caine, Feast of Fools 

“Ginny, listen...I can't be involved with you anymore. We've got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together." "It's for some stupid noble reason isn't it?" "It's been like...like something out of someone else's life these last few weeks with you. But I can't...we can't...I've got to do things alone now. Voldemort uses people his enemies are close to. He's already used you as bait once, and that was just because you were my best friend's sister. Think how much danger you'll be in if we keep this up. He'll know, he'll find out. He'll try and get me through you." "What if I don't care?" "I care. How do you think I'd feel if this was your funeral...and it was my fault...” 
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 

“Here lies Dobby, a free elf.” 
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” 
― Thomas Campbell 

“The idea of being strong for someone else having never entered their heads, I find myself in the position of having to console them. Since I'm the person going in to be slaughtered, this is somewhat annoying.” 
― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire 

0 comments:

Post a Comment